Pea, Spring Onion ad Rocket Risotto
A hearty risotto that is good for the waitline too.
There is nothing better than a risotto that warms the heart. It is like it speks to you. It hugs you, comforts you. Says everything is going to be okay.
- 500 g Petis Pois frozen
- 1 cube Vegitble stock cube make up 1.2 liters with hot water
- 10 sprays Calorie Controlled cooking spray
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 10 medium Spring Onions sliced(1cm in length)
- 300 g Risotto Arborio Rice Uncooked weight
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 3 Handfuls Rocket Washed
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese Freshly grated, to garnish (optional)
Bring half the stock to the boil with half the peas and simmer for 5 minutes. In a food processor, blend well.
Add the remaining stock to this puree to give a pouring consistency.
Heat the cooking spray in a heavy-based pan. Crush the garlic nd ass it to the pan. Add the spring onion and stir. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat it with spray. Add enough pea stock to cover the rice. Cook gently, stirring al the time. Add more stok as it is absorded intot he rice.
After approximtley 10 minutes, add the reining peas, some more stock, and Salt and pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes stirring well. Throw in some rocket and stir until the leaves have wilted.
Adjust the seasoning and serve with a a sprinkling of Parmesan.